In 2 1/2 weeks, I'll be in Thailand! I will finally get a stamp in my passport that is not Chinese or American! (I'm counting Hong Kong as Chinese since I believe it is technically a part of China.) Our school is sending several teachers to Thailand over Thanksgiving weekend for a conference, and I am one of those teachers! I not only get to go to Thailand, but I get to spend time with friends that I haven't seen in 2 years. Can't wait!!
It's crazy how time can get away from you. It seems like just a few days ago I was typing the post about Fall Holiday...and here I am one month later. Why is it that time flies so fast the older you get?
This past week we had parent teacher conferences. Our school is in the final phase of the accreditation process this year, and we have already had several days off to work on stuff for this. Therefore, instead of conferences being manditory and on half days, they were optional and after school. I guess it was a good thing, because then I didn't have as many conferences. Instead of 14, I only had 7. Then, that 7 turned to 6 when one of the families decided to stay longer in Korea, and cancelled their appointment. It's still a strange experience having conferences through translators. I've gotten a little more used to it after also doing it last year, but there are times it's still strange and awkward, especially when you have to tell the parent something about their child, and another party finds out about it since they have to translate. However, overall, the conferences went really well. Positive side to one of them: I asked the mother if she had any questions for me. She replied, "No. I know your reputation, so I'm not worried about my son." That surprised me, and confused me at the same time. I have a reputation?? What are people saying about me? What is it that I'm doing right that makes this mom not worry about her son in my class?? At least I seem to have a good reputation instead of a bad one!
No comments:
Post a Comment