When we are kids, we want time to go by faster so that we can be a grown-up. We don't take the time to enjoy life, instead we rush through it. However, as the years go by, our perspective on life changes. Instead of wanting life to speed up, everyone wants it to sloooowwww ddoooowwwnnnnn.
I have noticed recently that I feel the same way. I am finding it hard to believe that I will be back home in VA, 3 weeks from tomorrow. It seems like just yesterday I was leaving Norfolk on my way to China. Now, I'm leaving China...going back to Virginia for a month. Have I really been here for about 4 1/2 months??
Looking back on my time here so far, there are many ways that I have changed, or am changing. I am truly blessed to work with amazing people. This is my first full year of teaching, and I wasn’t sure what to expect, especially being in an International School setting. During my college years, I had some difficult times relating to practicums and Student Teaching. There were times that I wanted to give up the education major all together. However, something (or Someone) told me to keep at it, don’t give up. I endured some not fun experiences, and finally managed to persevere, and make it to graduation. However, I still harbored many negative feelings about my abilities in the classroom. Since coming here, I have discovered that all my feelings due to experiences in college are thankfully not how things are going here. There have been several times when I have received compliments on how I am teaching…from my principal, other teachers, and the Pre-K teacher that works with me a lot. I have found myself gladly leaving behind the thoughts, feelings, and memories of experiences from college, and happily embracing the world of knowing that I am capable of not only teaching, but doing a good job. I like this new world, and I sure am looking forward to all the experiences that are yet to come :)
No comments:
Post a Comment